Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Megan Mondays | Choosing Your Photographer


I have recently gone through the process of looking for my own photographer for my upcoming wedding (and of course, engagement photos, as well). There are so many things to be aware of when you are looking into hiring a photographer for yourself and it is important that the photographer you hire meets all of your expectations up front.




Here are some tips to consider when choosing a photographer:


Style
Compare photographic styles between photographers in your area and decide what style best fits your taste! Photographers are artists who paint a picture through the lens of a camera, and just like any other artist, carry a different perspective than the next! Choose a photographer who shares your taste!


Reputation
Does this photographer run a reputable business? Ask your friends who are previous clients! You want to make sure that the photographer you hire carries his or herself in a professional manner and cares about his or her clients and their desires for their custom portrait session!


Communication
Communication between you and your photographer is very important! I always try my hardest to make my clients aware of my office hours and am quick to respond during those office hours! I never want to keep a client waiting longer than needed! Be sure that the photographer you hire is conscious of their client's time. But always remember and respect that they do have lives outside  of their business that must be tended to, as well!



Relationship
Does your photographer make you feel comfortable? You want to make sure that the photographer you choose to hire will make you feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera! Choose someone who can have fun and laugh with you!



Price
Don't let price stop you from hiring the photographer that you want to hire. If price becomes a hinderance and you settle for less based on price, you may or may not get what you pay for! When you hire a custom photographer, you are paying for a custom experience, even if that means saving up for many months prior to your session!



I'm Megan, and I am a custom photographer, offering a custom experience to all of the clients who walk through my door. I hope that this post encourages all potential clients to find the photographer that is best fit for them!




Xoxo,



Comments
7 Responses to “Megan Mondays | Choosing Your Photographer”
  1. Great tips! The last one is so important! I saved for our photographer and cringed at how much we'd be spending. But now that I have their beautiful work on my walls, the cost doesn't even cross my mind!

  2. These are really great tips for clients shopping for a photographer! Thank you for sharing.

  3. So true! What great tips, if every person followed these, there'd be many more happy clients! :)

  4. Great tip. Very true. Thanks for sharing.

  5. great tips! I think it is ok to be picky when choosing a photographer. These tips will help insure you get teh right one. :)

  6. Great post! I think clients all to often forget that happiness with the portraits they receive is within their own power.

  7. Anonymous says:

    These are great tips to consider when choosing a photographer! Thanks for sharing :)

Megan Quigley. Powered by Blogger.