Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Megan Mondays | 5 Steps to Organizing Your Business | Florida Portrait Photographer


Organizing your business is one of the most important tasks that is to be completed in running a successful business! I love organization, so I am constantly obsessing over how I can better organize my business on a daily basis! I have achieved some great organizational processes that have helped me tremendously to run my business and to run it well!

Here are five great tips that have helped me to organize my business!

1. Time Management

-Set business hours that best fit you and your business, and stick to them! I recently changed my business/office hours to Monday - Thursday from 10am to 4pm. Not only am I a business owner, but I am also a full time student, and I have a family that is full time, as well. These hours reflect what best fits me and my schedule outside of my businessRemember, this is your business. Don't let it take over life, keep time for family and other activities that give you a little breathing room!

2. Develop Repeat Processes

-Do you ever notice that you are completing the same tasks over and over again? I am constantly responding to inquiry emails from potential clients, letting clients know when their proofing galleries are ready for viewing, completing the same editing processing on every photo, and so many other tasks, as well! In this case, develop a repeat process. Create a checklist of all of things that you notice you do over and over again. Write down ways that you can develop each of these tasks into a repeat process. Some great repeat processes include: email templates, client guides/welcome packets, and creating photoshop actions containing the steps your complete over and over when processing a photo.

Here is a shot of the Client Guide I have set in place (using Flip Snack pdf booklet)



3. Dedicate Each Day to Certain Tasks

-Dedicate each of your business days to accomplishing different tasks that make your business run. For example, on Mondays, I set aside time to cull and edit photos from the previous weekend's shoots. Mondays are also my "Megan Mondays" blog post days. I choose to blog on Mondays about different things that I have learned throughout my one year in business. I have set aside time on Wednesdays to file paperwork and input expenses into my accounting system.

4. Keep a Filing Box

-Yep. Do it the old fashioned way. Go to Office Depot or Staples and purchase a filing box with dividers and labels! Label your dividers with things such as, Contracts, Legal Paperwork, Education, Receipts, Client Invoices, Vendors, etc. Figure out all of the areas within your business that need to be filed away, and do it!

5. Keep a Checklist or a Planner

-Keeping a To Do checklist or a Planner will also help with your time management. Scheduling your days every morning will help you to accomplish more in the amount of time that you have set for your business hours and will also help you stay on task. If you're like me, you are often distracted by Facebook or Pinterest or any of the other fun distractions out there! I have found that it has been very beneficial for me to set aside scheduled social media times throughout my day. For example, at 10am, I first answer emails, then I have scheduled time from 10:30-11:00am for social media. I also find it beneficial to give myself social media breaks, as this helps to encourage task completion! I am not beneath bribery and a reward system for myself! ; ) 
P.S. Checking things off of my checklist is my FAVORITE thing to do! I sometimes include potty breaks on my checklist, just so I can feel accomplished and check something off!



Hope this helps you to get your business organized!


Xoxo,


Megan Quigley. Powered by Blogger.