Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The Value in Purchasing Prints | Florida Portrait Photographer

I find myself quite often chatting with other photographers who share the same views regarding the purchase of digital files of one's photos vs. the purchase of actual prints. Today, everybody is involved in the world of technology in one way or another. For Pete's sake, even my grandma is on Facebook & yours probably is, too! :p It has become important for clients to have the opportunity to purchase digital files, as they typically want to share their special moments captured with all of their friends & family via social networking sites! Of course, all of this is so important, as well! I am SO with you! However, I also find it very important to take an extra step to cherish those photos forever.


Due to the world of technology still being perfected all the time, purchasing digital files will not save your cherished memories forever, as everyone thinks! Sadly, CD's & DVD's have a great potential of deteriorating over time. What if all your family had to remember your grandparent's wedding day was a disc of photos, in which none of the photos had the ability to load any longer due to the deterioration of the disc? How devastating would that be! (& I'm pretty sure that Facebook swallows my photos right up sometimes! Can't rely on that to save photos either...not to mention the lack of quality)!


Recently, my pc had crashed on me & I lost a ton of data. My tech guy was able to get the computer back up an running so that I could pull some things off of it to store on my new macbook, however, some of the most important family photos had been lost! When it hit me that I had lost my grandpa's last year of life, or my senior year of high school photos, I was just devastated! Looking back, I so wish I would have taken the time to have made an album of these important times, or at least purchased prints to store in my photo box.


If you have ever lost important photos from a period in your life due to technology, then you understand the importance of purchasing prints rather than a CD or DVD only. Now, this post is not to say that purchasing a disc of your photos is a bad thing at all! As a matter of fact, I sell digital files on a disc to my clients & this is my most popular package! BUT, I still encourage all of my clients to take the time to purchase prints as I find it very important to savor those memories!





Xoxo,




Megan Quigley. Powered by Blogger.